February 27, 2013
Norma "Tommy Smith" Bryant passed away Jan. 25, 2013, in Grass Valley. She was 88.
There will be a potluck celebration of life March 9, 2013, from noon to 3 p.m. at the Kentucky Flat Community Center, 13281 Newtown Road, Nevada City, Calif. For information, call 530-205-9783.
She was born Aug. 4, 1924, in Washington to Hobart Smith and Tennessee Eva Atchley. She was a Grass Valley High School graduate and enjoyed cooking, as well as running her own restaurant. People would travel for hours to buy one of her delicious pies. Her hobbies included softball, bowling and crossword puzzles.
Mrs. Bryant is survived by her sisters, Melba Williams and Verla Cole; her sons, Gary Caphaw, Kevin Bryant, Michael (Michele) Bryant, Mark Bryant and David Bryant; her daughters, Linda (Dale) Bisby, Karen Davenport and Gayle Stolla; and her daughter-in-law, June Bryant.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Hobart and Tennessee; her brothers, Everett "Billy" Smith, Hobart "Sonny" Smith; and sons Gregory Atkinson and Roy Bryant.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the charity of your choice.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier