Myrtle Mae Mortensen
May 6, 2013
Myrtle Mae Mortensen passed away on April 13, 2013 in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 100.
She was born in Egeland, N.D., on Dec. 2, 1912, to Sander and Mary Fredlund.
Myrtle was very involved in serving her church. volunteering quietly in the background, working in the kitchen, with the women's missionary groups. Aafter retirement, she volunteered in the church office in Tacoma for 16 years helping put out the bulletins.
She is survived by her daughters, Shirley (Bob) Woodhall and Marlene (Mark) Osborne; grandchildren, Rob and Julie Woodhall, Scott Osborne and Wendy Hampton; great-grandchildren, Stuart and Anna Woodhall, Hannah Woodhall-Harvey, Harley Osborne, James Hampton and Treyvan Bill.
She was preceded in death by her mother and father; brother, Victor; sisters, Clara Knutson and Vivian Christiansen, all of Washington state.
We celebrate a life well lived in service to others.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth