Myrtle Mae Mortensen
May 6, 2013
Myrtle Mae Mortensen passed away on April 13, 2013 in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 100.
She was born in Egeland, N.D., on Dec. 2, 1912, to Sander and Mary Fredlund.
Myrtle was very involved in serving her church. volunteering quietly in the background, working in the kitchen, with the women's missionary groups. Aafter retirement, she volunteered in the church office in Tacoma for 16 years helping put out the bulletins.
She is survived by her daughters, Shirley (Bob) Woodhall and Marlene (Mark) Osborne; grandchildren, Rob and Julie Woodhall, Scott Osborne and Wendy Hampton; great-grandchildren, Stuart and Anna Woodhall, Hannah Woodhall-Harvey, Harley Osborne, James Hampton and Treyvan Bill.
She was preceded in death by her mother and father; brother, Victor; sisters, Clara Knutson and Vivian Christiansen, all of Washington state.
We celebrate a life well lived in service to others.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws