February 23, 2013
Muriel Tucker passed away on Feb. 6, 2013, at Wolf Creek Care Center in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 96.
Services will be held at 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, at The Abundant Life Community Church, 10795 Alta St., Grass Valley.
Muriel was born on Dec. 13, 1916, to Sam Veale and Hazel (Thompson) in Sierra City, Calif. She graduated from Grass Valley High School Class of 1935. Muriel worked 30 years with the California Canners and Growers. She lived in Stockton for 70 years before coming to Grass Valley. She loved to play golf.
Muriel is survived by her daughters, Linda Novotny of Aptos and Judy Harvey of Stockton; sister, Lois Robinson of Grass Valley; and nephews, Terry McMahon and Jeff Robinson.
She is preceded in death by her parents, Sam and Hazel Veale; sisters, Florence Price and Winfred Veale.
All arrangements are being handled by Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance