February 23, 2013
Muriel Tucker passed away on Feb. 6, 2013, at Wolf Creek Care Center in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 96.
Services will be held at 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013, at The Abundant Life Community Church, 10795 Alta St., Grass Valley.
Muriel was born on Dec. 13, 1916, to Sam Veale and Hazel (Thompson) in Sierra City, Calif. She graduated from Grass Valley High School Class of 1935. Muriel worked 30 years with the California Canners and Growers. She lived in Stockton for 70 years before coming to Grass Valley. She loved to play golf.
Muriel is survived by her daughters, Linda Novotny of Aptos and Judy Harvey of Stockton; sister, Lois Robinson of Grass Valley; and nephews, Terry McMahon and Jeff Robinson.
She is preceded in death by her parents, Sam and Hazel Veale; sisters, Florence Price and Winfred Veale.
All arrangements are being handled by Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death