Miriam Annie Williston
February 7, 2013
Miriam Annie Williston passed away Jan. 29, 2013. She was 99.
Graveside services will take place Thursday, Feb. 7, at 11 a.m. at Rough and Ready Cemetery.
Miriam was born April 25, 1913, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, to Cyril H. and Florence K. (Lacey) Holt.
The family moved to Los Angeles in 1923. In 1946, she moved to Grass Valley with her parents and children, where she settled in the La Barr Meadows and Sunset area.
She enjoyed sewing, embroidery, gardening, her dogs and many other numerous pets.
She is survived by her children, Elva (Powell) Christian, Mervin Powell (Dorry) and Kenneth Davis (Nancy); grandchildren Russell Powell (Esther), Michael Powell (Joanne) and Kenneth R. Davis (Connie); great-grandchildren Danielle Kile (Adam), David Powell, Cameron and Kyle Kaneshiro, Jessica, Conner and Taylor Davis; and great-great-grandchildren Ash and Ryder Kile and Isabella G. Powell.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband Dudley A. (Wimpy) Williston; and her granddaughter, Lisa M. (Davis) Kaneshiro (Rex).
Memorial contributions may be made at Hospice of the Foothills.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire