May 6, 2013
Milton Balmain, a long-time resident of Granite Bay, Calif., died April 9, 2013. He was 99.
A memorial to celebrate Milton's life will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, May 10, at the Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, 6365 Douglas Blvd., Granite Bay.
Milton had a long successful career in the timber industry. He owned and operated the Brunswick Sawmill in Grass Valley during the 1950s.
He spent his retirement years in Granite Bay fishing and golfing. Milton and his wife, Ina, were founding and active members of the Lutheran Church of the Resurrection on Douglas Boulevard for 50 years. He became a Mason in 1956 and then a Shriner. As a Shriner, he was the Activity Chairman for 10 years from 1972 to 1982, during which time he chaired events that raised money for the Shriners Children's Hospital.
Milton is survived by two sons; one daughter; ten grandchildren; and thirteen great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his loving wife of 68 years and his son, Tom.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local