January 4, 2013
Dr. Michael Wilson passed away Dec. 25, 2012. He was 68.
A funeral service will take place at Sierra View Chapel in Carmichael, Calif., Jan. 2, 2012, at 1 p.m. His final resting place will be at New Elm Cemetery in Grass Valley, Calif., alongside his maternal grandparents and mother.
He was a devoted husband to wife Marty Wilson for 30 years and a loving father to his daughters, Georgia Powers of Vancouver, Wash., and Sara Wilson of Sacramento, Calif. Michael was a dedicated educator, having taught economics for more than 20 years at Sacramento State, Northland College and Seattle University. He was also a skilled craftsman, master model builder and mechanic. He will be deeply missed.
He is survived by his sisters, Sharon Hall and Laura Wilson; brothers Larry Wilson, Ned Wilson, David Wilson and John Grover; and faithful friend Leland Pemberton.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Renee Grover, father Howard and brother Johnny.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier