January 4, 2013
Dr. Michael Wilson passed away Dec. 25, 2012. He was 68.
A funeral service will take place at Sierra View Chapel in Carmichael, Calif., Jan. 2, 2012, at 1 p.m. His final resting place will be at New Elm Cemetery in Grass Valley, Calif., alongside his maternal grandparents and mother.
He was a devoted husband to wife Marty Wilson for 30 years and a loving father to his daughters, Georgia Powers of Vancouver, Wash., and Sara Wilson of Sacramento, Calif. Michael was a dedicated educator, having taught economics for more than 20 years at Sacramento State, Northland College and Seattle University. He was also a skilled craftsman, master model builder and mechanic. He will be deeply missed.
He is survived by his sisters, Sharon Hall and Laura Wilson; brothers Larry Wilson, Ned Wilson, David Wilson and John Grover; and faithful friend Leland Pemberton.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Renee Grover, father Howard and brother Johnny.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire