November 13, 2013
Michael Kenneth Smith passed away on Nov. 4, 2013, in Grass Valley. He was 71.
A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. on Sat., Nov. 16 at his daughter's home in Elk Grove. Contact Kim at (916) 479-1665 for details.
Michael was born Aug. 23, 1942, to Kenneth and Helen Smith in Twin Falls, Idaho. He was a computer programmer and worked the majority of his career at Grass Valley Group. In addition, he was a professional photographer who was published and won awards.
He loved the outdoors and especially fishing. He had the best sense of humor and his laugh will be dearly missed. As a father, he made the most memorable experiences for his kids while they were growing up. He was a great friend to many.
He is survived by his daughters, Kim Jones (Scott) and Michelle Alvarez; sister Sandra Johnson (Dalton); grandchilden Benjamin and Madeline; and many nieces and nephews and their children.
He was preceded in death by both of his parents.
Memorial contributions can be made in his memory to the American Heart Association.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana