November 27, 2012
Michael Dean O'Brien passed away Nov. 19, 2012, at home in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 48.
Michael was born March 19, 1964, in Berkley, Calif. He moved to Grass Valley in 1988. Michael loved the lakes and mountains around him, as well as the beaches and oceans of Santa Cruz. He lived life to the fullest with a great sense of humor. He enjoyed the challenges of building and remodeling homes, which was his trade. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
He is survived by his mom, Sandra Johnson Beaver, and stepdad Carroll; father Craig Elvin and stepmom Cathy; siblings Eric and Marney of El Cerrito, Calif.; children Devlin, Ashley and Donavan; and ex-wife Sharon, all of Santa Cruz; Aunt Linda Lawson of Suisin, Calif.; finally, the love of his life, Rachel Costello of Grass Valley.
His ashes will be spread at Lake Tahoe in the spring.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton