November 27, 2012
Michael Dean O'Brien passed away Nov. 19, 2012, at home in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 48.
Michael was born March 19, 1964, in Berkley, Calif. He moved to Grass Valley in 1988. Michael loved the lakes and mountains around him, as well as the beaches and oceans of Santa Cruz. He lived life to the fullest with a great sense of humor. He enjoyed the challenges of building and remodeling homes, which was his trade. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
He is survived by his mom, Sandra Johnson Beaver, and stepdad Carroll; father Craig Elvin and stepmom Cathy; siblings Eric and Marney of El Cerrito, Calif.; children Devlin, Ashley and Donavan; and ex-wife Sharon, all of Santa Cruz; Aunt Linda Lawson of Suisin, Calif.; finally, the love of his life, Rachel Costello of Grass Valley.
His ashes will be spread at Lake Tahoe in the spring.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say