November 27, 2012
Michael Dean O'Brien passed away Nov. 19, 2012, at home in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 48.
Michael was born March 19, 1964, in Berkley, Calif. He moved to Grass Valley in 1988. Michael loved the lakes and mountains around him, as well as the beaches and oceans of Santa Cruz. He lived life to the fullest with a great sense of humor. He enjoyed the challenges of building and remodeling homes, which was his trade. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
He is survived by his mom, Sandra Johnson Beaver, and stepdad Carroll; father Craig Elvin and stepmom Cathy; siblings Eric and Marney of El Cerrito, Calif.; children Devlin, Ashley and Donavan; and ex-wife Sharon, all of Santa Cruz; Aunt Linda Lawson of Suisin, Calif.; finally, the love of his life, Rachel Costello of Grass Valley.
His ashes will be spread at Lake Tahoe in the spring.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire