October 10, 2013
Mergie Lindsay passed away on Sept. 30, 2013, in Marin County, Calif.
Family and friends will be celebrating Mergie's life this summer on Catalina Island.
Mergie was born on June 6, 1944, in San Francisco to Barney and Muriel Meehan.
Mergie and her husband, Brian, moved to Nevada City in 1982, where they raised their two children. Mergie most recently lived in San Anselmo, Calif.
She is survived by her husband, Brian; sister, Bernadette Miller; children Melissa (Lindsay) Shutowick and Chris Lindsay; grandchildren Ryan and Lindsay; aunt, Noel Anthony; and cousins, nieces and nephews.
She will be missed by all who knew her and loved her.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire