Memorial for Bill Steele set for Saturday
April 15, 2014
A memorial for Marion "Bill" Steele, known to many as the unofficial mayor of North San Juan, will be held Saturday.
The get-together has been set for 1:30 p.m. at the North San Juan Senior Center, said his son, Bill Steele III. The menu will include some of Bill's favorites — popcorn chicken and coleslaw.
Steele died Monday at the age of 92. Steele and his wife, Toki, had been fixtures in North San Juan since they opened Toki's Fountain in 1971.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier