January 4, 2013
Melvin Steve Salmeron "Mel" passed away Dec. 3, 2012, after a long, heroic battle with cancer. He was 59.
There will be a memorial service for Mel at 2 p.m. Dec. 22, 2012, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 12524 Burma Road, Grass Valley.
He was born Aug. 18, 1953, in San Francisco. He lived in Grass Valley for the last 27 years. Mel lived an exciting life and worked hard.
He was surrounded by his family when he passed and will be remembered as an active person with a positive outlook on life. Mel is survived by his wife of 30 years, Tammy Salmeron, and by his children, Cassandra, Richard, Nicholas and Jesseca. Mel was also "Papa" to Anthony, Ramon, Natalie, Maya, Dominic, Elisabeth, Phinehas and Mateo. Mel was truly one-of-a-kind and will be missed.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council