January 4, 2013
Melvin Steve Salmeron "Mel" passed away Dec. 3, 2012, after a long, heroic battle with cancer. He was 59.
There will be a memorial service for Mel at 2 p.m. Dec. 22, 2012, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 12524 Burma Road, Grass Valley.
He was born Aug. 18, 1953, in San Francisco. He lived in Grass Valley for the last 27 years. Mel lived an exciting life and worked hard.
He was surrounded by his family when he passed and will be remembered as an active person with a positive outlook on life. Mel is survived by his wife of 30 years, Tammy Salmeron, and by his children, Cassandra, Richard, Nicholas and Jesseca. Mel was also "Papa" to Anthony, Ramon, Natalie, Maya, Dominic, Elisabeth, Phinehas and Mateo. Mel was truly one-of-a-kind and will be missed.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local