January 4, 2013
Melvin Steve Salmeron "Mel" passed away Dec. 3, 2012, after a long, heroic battle with cancer. He was 59.
There will be a memorial service for Mel at 2 p.m. Dec. 22, 2012, at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 12524 Burma Road, Grass Valley.
He was born Aug. 18, 1953, in San Francisco. He lived in Grass Valley for the last 27 years. Mel lived an exciting life and worked hard.
He was surrounded by his family when he passed and will be remembered as an active person with a positive outlook on life. Mel is survived by his wife of 30 years, Tammy Salmeron, and by his children, Cassandra, Richard, Nicholas and Jesseca. Mel was also "Papa" to Anthony, Ramon, Natalie, Maya, Dominic, Elisabeth, Phinehas and Mateo. Mel was truly one-of-a-kind and will be missed.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations