Melissa A. Sawyer
March 14, 2014
Melissa Sawyer passed away March 4, 2014, from Stevens-Johnson Syndrome at the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. She was 44.
A private ceremony will be announced at a later date.
She was born in Stockholm, Sweden, on July 23, 1969, to Ronald B. Carter and Agneta Graide. She was a server at a local restaurant and a devoted, loving mother to Katie Sawyer.
Melissa loved spending time with her daughter and horseback riding and loved cats and going to local events.
She is survived by her daughter, Katie L. Sawyer; parents, Ronald B. Carter and Agneta Carter; aunt and uncle, Roger Carter and Sue Carter and grandmother, Harriet Graide.
Melissa was preceded in death by her daughter, Jessica A. Sawyer; grandparents, Garland and Betty Lynn Carter; and aunt, Cathy Lynn Carter.
Please forward any contributions to Hospice of the Foothills.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport