Melissa A. Sawyer
March 14, 2014
Melissa Sawyer passed away March 4, 2014, from Stevens-Johnson Syndrome at the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. She was 44.
A private ceremony will be announced at a later date.
She was born in Stockholm, Sweden, on July 23, 1969, to Ronald B. Carter and Agneta Graide. She was a server at a local restaurant and a devoted, loving mother to Katie Sawyer.
Melissa loved spending time with her daughter and horseback riding and loved cats and going to local events.
She is survived by her daughter, Katie L. Sawyer; parents, Ronald B. Carter and Agneta Carter; aunt and uncle, Roger Carter and Sue Carter and grandmother, Harriet Graide.
Melissa was preceded in death by her daughter, Jessica A. Sawyer; grandparents, Garland and Betty Lynn Carter; and aunt, Cathy Lynn Carter.
Please forward any contributions to Hospice of the Foothills.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier