December 6, 2012
Matthew Marion Ferrell died Nov. 24, 2012, in Folsom, Calif. He was 49.
A Memorial Service will take place for Matt at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, 2012, at Trinity Episcopal Church, 201 Nevada St., Nevada City, Calif.
Matt was born in Oroville May 19, 1963, to Davis and Doretta Ferrell. The family moved to Nevada CCounty when he was 2 years old. He earned his Eagle Scout award as a member of Troop 24 of Nevada City. He went on to complete his AA from Sierra College. Matt continued to work at Sierra College in the computer science department as a tutor. He also founded his own business, Mountain Monk Software. He worked for the Money Store in Sacramento. His most recent job, Aerojet, was his favorite, as he enjoyed his coworkers and said it was the first place where he felt appreciated. Matt loved to relax, doing many counted cross-stitch samplers for his family and friends. He also enjoyed game nights with his friends. In recent months, he occupied himself with quiet walks, taking pictures of the many birds and wildlife near his apartment building; photography had been a passion for years.
He is survived by his parents, Davis and Doretta (Dett) Ferrell; his brother, Shaun, and his wife, Katherine; brother Brian; niece Savannah and nephew Ian; and many aunts, uncles, cousins and, of course, Connor Briggs, whom he always loved as his own son.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed