June 27, 2013
Maryellen Sharon Sokolik Cava passed away peacefully on June 20, 2013.
Her entire life story and celebration of life will be shared at 1 p.m., Sunday, June 30, 2013, at the Penn Valley Seventh Day Adventist Church in Penn Valley, Calif.
Born in Auburn, Calif., raised in Weimar, Calif., and Angwin, Calif., she married her husband, Ray, in 1981. They lived in Santa Rosa for more than 20 years and moved to the Grass Valley area in 2002 to care for her parents and family. Her career as a nurse spanned more than 35 years, mostly at Santa Memorial Hospital and The Grass Valley Surgery Center.
She is survived by her husband, Ray Cava of Nevada City; mother, Esther Sokolik; brother, Steve Sokolik of Penny Valley; and sister, Laida Hull of Sacramento.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Penn Valley Seventh Day Adventist Church, 17645 Penn Valley Drive, Penn Valley, CA 95946.
Arrangements made in care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier