February 11, 2013
Mary J. Vierra passed away peacefully on February 7, 2013 in San Marcos, California. She was 99.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery, Rough & Ready Highway, Grass Valley, Ca. A reception will be held after the service at the Holbrooke Hotel, 212 W Main St Grass Valley, CA.
Born September 7, 1913 in Chicago, IL to Pasqualina and Francesco Forte, she moved with her family to San Jose, CA in 1922. In 1945, she met her late husband, August Vierra, and they eventually settled in Los Altos, Calif. where they raised their two daughters. After 25 years in the auto repair business, they retired to Nevada City, CA.There Mary had a beautiful garden, and eventually became a Certified Master Gardener through the University of California. She was also a member of the Newcomers Garden Club. Throughout the years, she was featured on a local radio show answering questions about gardening. In 2004, she moved to San Marcos to be near her daughters. She is survived by her two daughters, Kathryn Vierra of Leucadia, CA, and Mary Ann Marler of Solana Beach, CA. She is also survived by her sister, Rose McWilliams of San Jose, and numerous nieces and nephews.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to your favorite charity.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car