March 6, 2013
Mary Magdaline Shuck passed away Feb. 9, 2013, in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 97.
She was born May 22, 1915, in Wilton, Ky., to George and Rose Barton.
She lived a wonderful life and was a resident of Nevada County for 50 years. She was a homemaker and a gardener.
Mrs. Shuck is survived by her only daughter, Dorothy Nelson; two grandchildren, Brent Mills (wife Darlene) and Toni Bautista (husband, Damian); and her sister, Josie Brewer of Michigan.
Her great-grandchildren are Zachary Qualls, Rylee Bautista, Jim Richards and Elizabeth LaForce.
Her great-great-grandchildren are Anastasia, Ariale, Xander and Sarinity.
Later in life, she associated with Jehovah's Witness.
She never met a stranger. She was known as "Lady" and loved by everyone who knew her.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council