Mary Jo Gon
February 15, 2013
Mary Jo Gon, 95, passed away Feb. 11, 2013 in Sacramento, Calif.
Visitation for family and friends will be from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2013, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City. Services will follow. After the service, burial will follow at Greenwood Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Rough and Ready Hwy. in Grass Valley, Calif.
Mary Jo was born Dec. 9, 1918. She and her husband, Herbert "Herbie" Gon, owned Sunshine Grocery in Grass Valley for over 25 years. They also owned and operated numerous mom-and-pop stores throughout the Sacramento area.
Mary Jo is survived by her sons, Ronald K. Gon, Melvyn L. (Connie) Gon; granddaughter, Nicole Gon Ochi (Nori); and great-granddaughter, Kimiko.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 64 years, Herbert T. Gon, and her dear daughter, Judie A. Gon.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council