Mary Jo Gon
February 15, 2013
Mary Jo Gon, 95, passed away Feb. 11, 2013 in Sacramento, Calif.
Visitation for family and friends will be from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2013, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City. Services will follow. After the service, burial will follow at Greenwood Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Rough and Ready Hwy. in Grass Valley, Calif.
Mary Jo was born Dec. 9, 1918. She and her husband, Herbert "Herbie" Gon, owned Sunshine Grocery in Grass Valley for over 25 years. They also owned and operated numerous mom-and-pop stores throughout the Sacramento area.
Mary Jo is survived by her sons, Ronald K. Gon, Melvyn L. (Connie) Gon; granddaughter, Nicole Gon Ochi (Nori); and great-granddaughter, Kimiko.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 64 years, Herbert T. Gon, and her dear daughter, Judie A. Gon.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair