Mary Jo Gon
February 15, 2013
Mary Jo Gon, 95, passed away Feb. 11, 2013 in Sacramento, Calif.
Visitation for family and friends will be from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2013, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City. Services will follow. After the service, burial will follow at Greenwood Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Rough and Ready Hwy. in Grass Valley, Calif.
Mary Jo was born Dec. 9, 1918. She and her husband, Herbert "Herbie" Gon, owned Sunshine Grocery in Grass Valley for over 25 years. They also owned and operated numerous mom-and-pop stores throughout the Sacramento area.
Mary Jo is survived by her sons, Ronald K. Gon, Melvyn L. (Connie) Gon; granddaughter, Nicole Gon Ochi (Nori); and great-granddaughter, Kimiko.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 64 years, Herbert T. Gon, and her dear daughter, Judie A. Gon.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance