Mary Jean Carman
October 15, 2013
Mary Jean Carman, beloved wife, mother, grandmother and friend, passed away on Oct, 11, 2013, surrounded by her loving family.
A memorial will be at 4 p.m. on Friday, October 18 at Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 235 S. Church Street in Grass Valley.
She was born to the late Rita Lorraine and Stan Sandal on Nov. 1, 1943, in Evanston, Ill. Mary Jean graduated from Covina High School in 1961 and received an associate's degree from Mt. San Antonio College in 1963.
Shortly after graduation, she married James Prochnow. She later married Joe Carman and moved to Grass Valley.
She was an avid genealogy buff and loved tracking her family history back many generations. She enjoyed buying and redecorating old homes with Joe; they shared many memorable times with their friends in the Wine & Dine group. She loved animals, gardening and Etruscan archeology
Mary Jean is survived and will be dearly missed by her husband, Joe; sons and grandchildren, Eric, Pat, James and Natalie Prochnow of La Palma, Greg, Dana, Sydney, Jonathan and Bethany Prochnow of Wildomar, Matt, Kristen and Isis Prochnow of Buena Park; and by her sister, Suzanne Atherton.
She was preceded in death by her daughter, Dena Marie, in 1993.
In lieu of flowers, the family respectfully requests that donations be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville