Mary Jean Carman
October 22, 2013
Mary Jean Carman, beloved wife, mother, grandmother and friend passed away on Oct. 11, 2013, surrounded by her loving family.
A memorial will be at 4 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 18, at Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 235 S. Church St. in Grass Valley.
She was born to the late Rita Lorraine & Stan Sandal on Nov. 1, 1943, in Evanston, Ill. Mary Jean graduated from Covina High School in 1961 and received an AA from Mt. San Antonio College in 1963.
Shortly after graduation, she married James Prochnow. She later married Joe Carman and moved to Grass Valley.
She was an avid genealogy buff and loved tracking her family history back many generations. She enjoyed buying and redecorating old homes with Joe, and they shared many memorable times with their friends in the Wine & Dine group. She loved animals, gardening and Etruscan archeology
Mary Jean is survived and will be dearly missed by her husband, Joe; sons and grandchildren Eric, Pat, James and Natalie Prochnow of La Palma, Greg, Dana, Sydney, Jonathan and Bethany Prochnow of Wildomar, Matt, Kristen and Isis Prochnow of Buena Park; and by her sister, Suzanne Atherton.
She was preceded in death by her daughter, Dena Marie, in 1993.
In lieu of ﬂowers, the family respectfully requests that donations be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death