November 29, 2012
Mary S. Gilliland passed away Nov. 11, 2012. She was 94.
At this time, services are pending.
Mary was born May 5, 1918, in Iowa to RJ and LuLu Parish. She was married to Jack Gilliland for 78 1/2 years! They were married in Iowa and eventually moved to California during the Depression. She was a resident of Lake Wildwood and active in the ladies golf group for many years. Before moving to Lake Wildwood, Mary and Jack were residents of Napa, Calif., for 40 years. Mary was also active in the women's golf group at Napa Valley Country Club.
Mary is survived by her husband Jack and four children: Jack Gilliland Jr. and his wife, Linda, Patricia Bardessono and her husband, Steve, Gary Gilliland and his wife, Dolly, and Cheri Kraus and her husband, Bob. She was "Nanny" (grandmother) to eight grandchildren: Cindy Malisauskas, Stephen Bardessono, Gina Dunlap, Matt Gilliland, Dolly Lee Tillman, Derek Gilliland, Ashley Dahl and Josanna Kraus. She had 13 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren. She is also survived by many nieces, nephews and cousins. She was proud to have been able to sit in a five-generation picture. Her favorite saying was: "We have the best family in the world."
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges