October 15, 2013
Mary Avery passed away October 2, 2013, at the age of 89.
Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. on Friday, October 18 at Greenwood Memorial Cemeter in Grass Valley.
Mary was born Aug. 30, 1924, in Perry, Ohio, to Joseph and Lucy Anderson. In 1943, she was married to Morris Avery.
She worked for many years as a registered nurse at Harbor General Hospital in Torrance, Calif. In 1972, Mary built her home in Grass Valley where she spent her time working on her beautiful landscape and vegetable gardens.
Mary is survived by her daughters, Bonnie Ortega and Victoria Avery; daughters-in-law Sharon and Terry; grandchildren Cassandra, Athena, Todd, Aaron, Denise, Carolyn, Cesar, Duane, Andrea, Dori, Kelly, Bobbi and Philip; as well as, numerous great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Morris Avery of Lyons, N.Y., as well as her children, Ronald Avery, Constance Moore, Thomas Avery and John Avery.
She will be missed by all, but the many stories she shared will carry on in the hearts of her loved ones.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana