October 15, 2013
Mary Avery passed away October 2, 2013, at the age of 89.
Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. on Friday, October 18 at Greenwood Memorial Cemeter in Grass Valley.
Mary was born Aug. 30, 1924, in Perry, Ohio, to Joseph and Lucy Anderson. In 1943, she was married to Morris Avery.
She worked for many years as a registered nurse at Harbor General Hospital in Torrance, Calif. In 1972, Mary built her home in Grass Valley where she spent her time working on her beautiful landscape and vegetable gardens.
Mary is survived by her daughters, Bonnie Ortega and Victoria Avery; daughters-in-law Sharon and Terry; grandchildren Cassandra, Athena, Todd, Aaron, Denise, Carolyn, Cesar, Duane, Andrea, Dori, Kelly, Bobbi and Philip; as well as, numerous great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Morris Avery of Lyons, N.Y., as well as her children, Ronald Avery, Constance Moore, Thomas Avery and John Avery.
She will be missed by all, but the many stories she shared will carry on in the hearts of her loved ones.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire