Martha “Marty” Hoskins
April 9, 2013
Martha “Marty” Hoskins passed away April 8, 2013, at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 85.
A celebration of Marty’s life will take place at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 10, 2013, at the Eskaton Recreation Center, 625 Eskaton Circle, Grass Valley.
Marty was born Jan. 19, 1928, to Roy E. Peterson and Ruth Ashdill Peterson in Berkeley, Calif. She graduated from U.C. Berkeley, then married John Hoskins April 24, 1954. She was a member of LWW Collectibles, UC Berkeley Alumni Association and Kappa Delta sorority (1946).
She is survived by her husband, John; daughters Alison Hoskins and Carolyn Wood; son Clifford Hoskins; and five grandchildren.
All arrangements are under the care of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping