September 19, 2013
Margaret "Peggy" Timbers, of Lake of the Pines, passed away Sept. 9, 2013, after a sudden battle with lung cancer.
She was 79, just short of her 80th Halloween birthday.
A celebration of Peggy's life will be from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013, at the LOP Sports Lounge.
Peggy was born Oct. 31, 1933, in Youngstown, Ohio, to Harry Price and Benice Midstokke. She moved to Cupertino, CAalif.and attended Fremont High School.
She worked at Lockheed for 23 years in Sunnyvale, retiring in 1989. Peggy and her husband, Bill, followed their dreams and retired to Lake of the Pines.
She enjoyed golf, water aerobics, RV trips and cheering on her grandkids' sports teams.
Peggy is survived by her daughters, Kathy Harris (Don) and Debra Anderson (Jeff); stepdaughter Deborah Cross (Bob); stepson Glen Timbers (Suzanne); grandchildren Justin (Wendy) Harris, Lisa Collins (Eric), Ryan Anderson, Shane Anderson, Jeremy Kreuzer (Abby), Joshua Kreuzer, Andrew Hyatt and Alexi Hyatt.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorial contributions be sent to a favorite charity.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier