Margaret Lawhead McCallum
April 19, 2013
Margaret Lawhead McCallum a 21 year resident of Nevada City, passed away in her home on April 11, 2013. She was 92..
Private family services will be held.
Mrs. McCallum was born September 13, 1920 in Morenci, Arizona to Lee Vance and Esther (Bonsall) Lawhead. She was an alumnus of U.C.L.A. She married Dwight Ward McCallum on June 20, 1942 in Los Angeles, California. Mrs. McCallum enjoyed playing Bridge, reading, traveling and writing.
Mrs. McCallum is survived by her sons and daughters-in-laws, Lee & Carole McCallum of Nevada City, Paul & Janee McCallum of Federal Way, WA and Thomas & Wanda McCallum of Marietta, GA and daughter and son-in-law, Nancy & David Dixon of Phoenix, AZ; grandchildren, Timothy McCallum and Wendy Scott of Grass Valley, Catherine Dixon of Phoenix, AZ and Paul Lee McCallum of Nevada City; and 14 great-grandchildren.
Mrs. McCallum was preceded in death by her husband, Dwight in 2003.
Memorial Contributions may be made to the Sierra Services For The Blind, 546 Searls Ave, Nevada City, CA 95959
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death