Margaret Lawhead McCallum
April 19, 2013
Margaret Lawhead McCallum a 21 year resident of Nevada City, passed away in her home on April 11, 2013. She was 92..
Private family services will be held.
Mrs. McCallum was born September 13, 1920 in Morenci, Arizona to Lee Vance and Esther (Bonsall) Lawhead. She was an alumnus of U.C.L.A. She married Dwight Ward McCallum on June 20, 1942 in Los Angeles, California. Mrs. McCallum enjoyed playing Bridge, reading, traveling and writing.
Mrs. McCallum is survived by her sons and daughters-in-laws, Lee & Carole McCallum of Nevada City, Paul & Janee McCallum of Federal Way, WA and Thomas & Wanda McCallum of Marietta, GA and daughter and son-in-law, Nancy & David Dixon of Phoenix, AZ; grandchildren, Timothy McCallum and Wendy Scott of Grass Valley, Catherine Dixon of Phoenix, AZ and Paul Lee McCallum of Nevada City; and 14 great-grandchildren.
Mrs. McCallum was preceded in death by her husband, Dwight in 2003.
Memorial Contributions may be made to the Sierra Services For The Blind, 546 Searls Ave, Nevada City, CA 95959
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville