Margaret Lawhead McCallum
April 25, 2013
Margaret Lawhead McCallum, a 21-year resident of Nevada City, passed away in her home April 11, 2013. She was 92..
Private family services will take place.
Mrs. McCallum was born Sept. 13, 1920, in Morenci, Ariz., to Lee Vance and Esther (Bonsall) Lawhead. She was an alumnus of U.C.L.A. She married Dwight Ward McCallum June 20, 1942, in Los Angeles. Mrs. McCallum enjoyed playing bridge, reading, traveling and writing.
Mrs. McCallum is survived by her sons and daughters-in-laws, Lee and Carole McCallum of Nevada City, Paul and Janee McCallum of Federal Way, Wash., and Thomas and Wanda McCallum of Marietta, Ga., and daughter and son-in-law Nancy and David Dixon of Phoenix; grandchildren Timothy McCallum and Wendy Scott of Grass Valley, Catherine Dixon of Phoenix and Paul Lee McCallum of Nevada City; and 14 great-grandchildren.
Mrs. McCallum was preceded in death by her husband, Dwight, in 2003.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Sierra Services For The Blind, 546 Searls Ave., Nevada City, CA 95959.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed