October 14, 2013
Margaret P. Hicks died Oct. 10, 2013.
Memorial service will be at 6 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Grass Valley Moose Lodge, 15694 Allison Ranch Road, Grass Valley, Calif.
Margaret was born in Hachita, N.M., Jan. 16, 1923, and moved to Grass Valley in July 1976. She married Lawrence F. Hicks Oct. 12, 1945. She contracted polio in 1928 but never allowed this to slow her down in life. She graduated high school in Grants Pass, Ore.
She was a loyal member of the Grass Valley Moose Lodge and served as senior regent in 1986 and 1987. She volunteered in the Cancer Aid Thrift Shop.
Margaret is survived by two sons, Dean and wife Bev and Dennis and wife Pam; grandchildren Aaron, Bobby, Nathen and Tracy; great-grandchildren Colby, Audry, Josh, Bobby Jr., Haley, Tyler, Kala and Erin; and one great-great-grandchild, Erwin Taylor.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Jim and William; sisters Ella and Jenny; and one grandchild, John Owen.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance