October 14, 2013
Margaret P. Hicks died Oct. 10, 2013.
Memorial service will be at 6 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Grass Valley Moose Lodge, 15694 Allison Ranch Road, Grass Valley, Calif.
Margaret was born in Hachita, N.M., Jan. 16, 1923, and moved to Grass Valley in July 1976. She married Lawrence F. Hicks Oct. 12, 1945. She contracted polio in 1928 but never allowed this to slow her down in life. She graduated high school in Grants Pass, Ore.
She was a loyal member of the Grass Valley Moose Lodge and served as senior regent in 1986 and 1987. She volunteered in the Cancer Aid Thrift Shop.
Margaret is survived by two sons, Dean and wife Bev and Dennis and wife Pam; grandchildren Aaron, Bobby, Nathen and Tracy; great-grandchildren Colby, Audry, Josh, Bobby Jr., Haley, Tyler, Kala and Erin; and one great-great-grandchild, Erwin Taylor.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, Jim and William; sisters Ella and Jenny; and one grandchild, John Owen.
Trending In: Obituaries
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location