Marcia Van Zuuk
May 28, 2013
Marcia A. Van Zuuk passed away quietly on May 15, 2013. She was 73.
Memorial services will be held at Sierra Presbyterian Church, 1 p.m., Tuesday, May 28.
Marcia Williams-Van Zuuk was born in Shenandoah, Iowa on Dec. 3, 1939, to Jean and Max Williams. Under the loving care of her mother and very special grandparents, she grew up in Shenandoah. She graduated from the local high school. She then attended Iowa State Teachers College.
In November 1958 she got married. The marriage resulted in three children, Cindy Allen, Gene Livermore and Sheryl Kirksey. In 1961 the family moved to Arcadia, Calif. They moved again to San Jose, Calif., and later to Fremont, Calif. Marcia worked in real estate while in Fremont. The family later moved to Nevada County in 1974. In 1987 Marcia was remarried to Dean Van Zuuk.
Marcia enjoyed craft projects, especially toll painting and stained glass work. Her passion for bridge kept her busy with many bridge-playing friends. She will be sorely missed by her family and friends.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County