October 23, 2012
Marcia Mathwin Bennett passed away Friday, Oct. 5, 2012. She was 85.
Services will take place at 2 p.m. Oct. 19, 2012, at Sierra Presbyterian Church, 175 Ridge Road, Nevada City, Calif.
Marcia was born in Southern California and attended Santa Paula High, UC Berkeley and San Anselmo Presbyterian Seminary. She married Norman Thompson in 1947. They had four children: Gary, Kacy, Kris and David; nine grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. In 1979, she married Bob Bennett. After his death, she moved to June Lake, then to Grass Valley, Calif., in 2001, where she worked for the Forest Service for nine years. Throughout her life she was active in a variety of youth programs, community service organizations and the Nevada County Grand Jury. She loved birds and flowers and her dogs, BeBe and Molly. She was an avid fisherman, active in the Presbyterian Church and surrounded by many friends.
She is survived by daughter Kacy; sons Gary and David; nine grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by husbands Norman Thompson and Bob Bennett and by daughter Kris Christensen. She will be missed by all.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site