November 8, 2012
Louise E. Carlson passed away Oct. 20, 2012, in Grass Valley. She was 94.
A memorial service will take place at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif.
Louise E. Carlson was born Oct. 23, 1917, in San Francisco to Edward and Mabel Smith. Louise performed with the ONeill Kiddies at the opening at the Fox Theater in June of 1929. Summers in Cazadero held treasured memories, crossing the Bay by ferry, the narrow gauge through the redwoods. Louise married Donald Duane Carlson (Sr.) Sept. 14, 1938, at St. Luke's Church in San Francisco. They then moved to San Carlos, after WWII and raised their three children on Eaton Avenue until the late 1970s when they moved to Pine Grove. After Don's passing in 1986, Louise enjoyed life in Pine Grove for another 20 years, then in 2005, she moved to Grass Valley, taking her border collie, Maggie, along with her.
Beloved mother of Donald (Sharon) Carlson, Richard (Carol Meijer) Carlson and Pamela (Steven) Johnston, she is also survived by two adored grandsons, Greg (Kathy) and Brad (Lisa), great-granddaughters Brittney, Hannah and Audrey and many nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her husband of 48 years, Don Carlson.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car