November 8, 2012
Louise E. Carlson passed away Oct. 20, 2012, in Grass Valley. She was 94.
A memorial service will take place at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif.
Louise E. Carlson was born Oct. 23, 1917, in San Francisco to Edward and Mabel Smith. Louise performed with the ONeill Kiddies at the opening at the Fox Theater in June of 1929. Summers in Cazadero held treasured memories, crossing the Bay by ferry, the narrow gauge through the redwoods. Louise married Donald Duane Carlson (Sr.) Sept. 14, 1938, at St. Luke's Church in San Francisco. They then moved to San Carlos, after WWII and raised their three children on Eaton Avenue until the late 1970s when they moved to Pine Grove. After Don's passing in 1986, Louise enjoyed life in Pine Grove for another 20 years, then in 2005, she moved to Grass Valley, taking her border collie, Maggie, along with her.
Beloved mother of Donald (Sharon) Carlson, Richard (Carol Meijer) Carlson and Pamela (Steven) Johnston, she is also survived by two adored grandsons, Greg (Kathy) and Brad (Lisa), great-granddaughters Brittney, Hannah and Audrey and many nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her husband of 48 years, Don Carlson.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later