November 8, 2012
Louise E. Carlson passed away on Oct. 20, 2012, in Grass Valley. She was 94.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif.
Louise E. Carlson was born Oct. 23, 1917, in San Francisco to Edward and Mabel Smith. Louise performed with the ONeill Kiddies at the opening at the Fox Theater in June of 1929. Summers in Cazadero held treasured memories, crossing the Bay by ferry, the narrow gauge through the redwoods.
Louise married Donald Duane Carlson Sr. on Sept. 14, 1938, at St. Luke's Church in San Francisco. They then moved to San Carlos after World War II and raised their three children on Eaton Avenue until the late 1970s when they moved to Pine Grove.
After Don's passing in 1986, Louise enjoyed life in Pine Grove for another 20 years, then in 2005 moved to Grass Valley, taking her border collie, Maggie, along with her.
Beloved mother of Donald (Sharon) Carlson, Richard (Carol Meijer) Carlson and Pamela (Steven) Johnston, she is also survived by two adored grandsons, Greg (Kathy) and Brad (Lisa); great-granddaughters Brittney, Hannah and Audrey; and many nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her husband of 48 years, Don Carlson.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to The American Cancer Society.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death