January 4, 2013
Louis S. Kovach of Penn Valley died Tuesday, Dec. 25, 2012, at home. He was 84.
Mr. Kovach was born March 29, 1928, in Portage, Pa., to Joseph and Julia (Nyiri) Kovach. He served in the U.S. Air Force from April 1946 to October 1951. He married Nancy Campbell Nov. 27, 1953, in Reno, Nev. He worked for the civil service at Edwards Air Force Base in California for 30 years and for Lockheed at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California for three years on the Space Shuttle Program. He was a member of the GPAA, LDMA, SCBS and RMEF. He enjoyed anything outdoors, hunting, fishing, backpacking, mining and skiing. He started the backpacking program for the local scout troop 186 in Lancaster. Lou enjoyed teaching and seeing others experience the outdoors in every way. He was at home and happiest in the high mountains.
He is survived by his wife, Nancy of Penn Valley; sons Steve of Boise, Idaho, and Daniel of Sparks, Nev.; and two grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, Joseph and Julia, and his sister and brother, Margaret and Joseph.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball