Lou Ann McCord
December 6, 2013
Lou Ann McCord passed away peacefully with her daughter at her side on Friday, Nov. 22, 2013.
A private service for the family was held on Nov. 27, 2013.
Lou Ann was born on April 19, 1930, to James and Clara Bock of Detroit, Mich. She was one of four siblings.
Lou Ann married Wilfried Lee McCord on March 1, 1952. They had two children, Kathleen Warren and Michael McCord. They were married for 47 wonderful years.
She had a career that she enjoyed in bookkeeping. Later, they would retire to Grass Valley.
Lou Ann was a member of American Legion Post 130. She was also a member of the Moose Lodge. Lou Ann was an avid reader and enjoyed canning, gardening, baking and cooking. She had a love for her cats.
Lou Ann lived happily and was a true spirit of life. You would always find a smile on her face. Her family and friends will miss her dearly.
She is survived by her daughter, Kathleen Warren (Kenneth); son, Michael McCord (Jaira); grandchildren Daniel Lee Watt (Michelle), Christopher Allen Watt (Danielle), Nikki Crivello (Andrew) and great-grandchildren Kenneth, Lyvia, Morgan and Christopher.
She is preceded in death by her parents, husband and siblings.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Hospice of the Foothills.
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping