December 14, 2012
Leslie Joan Marshall, a beloved mom, grandma and friend, passed away July 25, 2012, at home in Penn Valley, Calif. She was 62.
Private services were held at Hooper and Weaver in Nevada City, Calif.
Leslie Joan Marshall, known to many as Joan, was born Oct. 5, 1949, to Lester Carl and Viola May Marshall in Antioch, Calif. She grew up there and graduated from Antioch High School in 1967. She then attended Diablo Valley College and worked in fashion and retail in various boutiques in the Bay Area. In 1971, Joan became a mom to daughter Emily. In 1978, Joan and her daughter moved to Nevada City. She was employed at Alpha Hardware, Mrs. Dubblebee's Pasties and for many years as her father's assistant in his business, L.C. Marshall, General Building Contractor. She also worked for several years at the Northern Queen Inn. Joan was a wonderful, devoted mother and grandmother. She was kind, beautiful, fun-loving and young at heart. Joan loved the outdoors — big trees, pretty rocks and fresh air. She enjoyed gardening, scrapbooking, walking, shopping, music, a good coffee and a good laugh. More than anything else, Joan loved being grandma to her one grandchild, Natalie.
She is survived by her daughter, Emily (Roy) Hays, and granddaughter Natalie Hays.
She is preceded in death by her mother, Vi Marshall, and her father, Carl Marshall.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local