November 29, 2012
Leo Tomlin passed away Nov. 8, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 71.
Services will take place at 1 p.m. Nov. 21, 2012, at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary at 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif.
Leo was born June 4, 1941, to James and Jeanette Tomlin. He married Mary Lee Chew in 1967. Mary and Leo eventually went their separate ways but still remained friends.
Leo Tomlin was a familiar character in his adopted home of Grass Valley. He was well known at Bunce's and more recently Gary's and was proud to be a Klamper. Leo loved to cook and was at one-time part owner of Citizens Pizza in Nevada City and worked at the National Hotel as well. He loved to dance and had a great sense of humor. He will be missed.
Leo is survived by the mother of his children, Mary Lee Osborne; son Sean Tomlin-Ortman; daughter Jennifer Parker; brother Timothy Tomlin; and sisters Patricia Earle, Tonie Raney and Jessica Cymbalski.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport