Leo H. Winters
April 12, 2013
Leo H. Winters passed away March 26, 2013, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 93.
Services will take place at 11 a.m. April 20, 2013, at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 S. Church St. Grass Valley. The Rev. Meghan Cefalu is officiating.
Leo was born Sept. 5, 1919, to Celia Shifman and Hyman Leibman in the Bronx, N.Y. He got his bachelor's of science from the University of Alabama. On June 27, 1948, Leo married Marilyn in Lynbrook, N.Y. He ran his own company, Winters Aircraft Engineering. Leo was an active member of the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, UNICEF, University of Alabama Alumni and Tau Beta Pi. He loved politics and art.
Leo is survived by his wife, Marilyn Winters, of Lincoln, Calif.; sons Thomas Winters and Richard Winters; grandchildren Sarah Winters, Michael Winters, Harry Winters, Isaac Winters and Shemariah Winters; sister Rose Bieler of Miami Florida.; nieces Dianne Bieler and Andi Sandefur; nephews Bill Bieler, Barry Leibman and Randall Bart.
He is preceded in death by his brother, Morris Leibman.
Memorial contributions can be made to Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 S Church St., Grass Valley, CA 95945.
All arrangements are in the care of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary, Nevada City.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance