September 27, 2013
Our beloved Nora fell asleep in death on Aug. 5, 2013. She was 93.
A memorial is planned at 3 p.m. Oct. 5 at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, located on LaBarr Meadows Rd.
Nora was born on Feb. 15, 1920 in Aurora, Ill. Her family moved to Southern California when she was 3. She graduated from Chaffey High School in 1938.
After marrying Calvin Neal Retallack, they moved to Northern California, where they raised 3 sons The family moved to Nevada City in 1959 where Nora owned and operated Nora's Coffee Shop at the corner of (then) Ridge Road and Highway 49, before the freeway was built.
She then moved her coffee shop to SPD Market in Nevada City, where she continued to work until her retirement in 1985.
As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, Nora's focus in life was serving her God, Jehovah, and sharing with others his promise for the future, Revelation 21:3&4.
She will be missed by many — first and foremost, by her three sons, Everett of Auburn, Dale (Debbie) of LacDuBonnet, Canada, and Larry (Cindy) of Grass Valley. She will also be greatly missed by her six grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
The family would like to thank Hospice of the Foothills for their dedication and support.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier