January 4, 2013
Lenora Ruby Mcnitt passed away on Dec. 12, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 84.
No services are planned. She will be buried at Greenwood Memorial Gardens in Grass Valley.
Lenora was born on Dec. 1, 1928, in Lookeba, Okla., to William Smith and Lena Zenger. She married Hurshall Mcnitt at First Baptist Church in Porterville, Calif., on Sept. 23, 1956. She loved decorating for all of the holidays, baking, knitting, metal detecting and thrift shopping.
Lenora is survived by her husband of 56 years, Hurshall Mcnitt; son and daughter-in-law, Arthur and Terri White of Rogue River, Ore., son and daughter-in-law, William and Lurra McNitt of Nevada City, Calif.; and daughter and son-in-law, Linda and Ben Tankersley of Gatlinburg, Tenn.; six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by brothers, Othello Smith and Albert Smith; sisters, Florence Baker and Mamie Hunt.
Memorial contributions can be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip