January 4, 2013
Lenora Ruby Mcnitt passed away on Dec. 12, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 84.
No services are planned. She will be buried at Greenwood Memorial Gardens in Grass Valley.
Lenora was born on Dec. 1, 1928, in Lookeba, Okla., to William Smith and Lena Zenger. She married Hurshall Mcnitt at First Baptist Church in Porterville, Calif., on Sept. 23, 1956. She loved decorating for all of the holidays, baking, knitting, metal detecting and thrift shopping.
Lenora is survived by her husband of 56 years, Hurshall Mcnitt; son and daughter-in-law, Arthur and Terri White of Rogue River, Ore., son and daughter-in-law, William and Lurra McNitt of Nevada City, Calif.; and daughter and son-in-law, Linda and Ben Tankersley of Gatlinburg, Tenn.; six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by brothers, Othello Smith and Albert Smith; sisters, Florence Baker and Mamie Hunt.
Memorial contributions can be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)