January 4, 2013
Lenora Ruby Mcnitt passed away on Dec. 12, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 84.
No services are planned. She will be buried at Greenwood Memorial Gardens in Grass Valley.
Lenora was born on Dec. 1, 1928, in Lookeba, Okla., to William Smith and Lena Zenger. She married Hurshall Mcnitt at First Baptist Church in Porterville, Calif., on Sept. 23, 1956. She loved decorating for all of the holidays, baking, knitting, metal detecting and thrift shopping.
Lenora is survived by her husband of 56 years, Hurshall Mcnitt; son and daughter-in-law, Arthur and Terri White of Rogue River, Ore., son and daughter-in-law, William and Lurra McNitt of Nevada City, Calif.; and daughter and son-in-law, Linda and Ben Tankersley of Gatlinburg, Tenn.; six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by brothers, Othello Smith and Albert Smith; sisters, Florence Baker and Mamie Hunt.
Memorial contributions can be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire