July 30, 2013
Lawrence Robert Stapleton died on July 5, 2013, in Olympia, Wash., after a courageous battle with cancer. He was 61.
A celebration of life will be at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 25, at Pioneer Park in Nevada City.
Larry was a longtime resident of Nevada City, but spent the last decade of his life in the state of Washington. He was a talented home designer and builder, having constructed a number of homes in the Grass Valley area.
Larry also supervised several international housing developments including projects in Russia, China and Kazakhstan.
In addition to his work, Larry was an adventurous traveler and spent considerable time in France and Baja, Mexico. Upon retirement, he actively pursued his art and had showings of his paintings in both Washington and California.
Larry is survived by daughter Erin; brother Michael; sister Maureen; sisters-in-law Sue and Carole; and nephews Adam and Collin.
He was preceded in death by his younger brother, Steve, and his parents, Earl and Barbara Stapleton.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball