Lawrence D. Martins
October 22, 2013
Lawrence D. Martins passed away on Aug. 30, 2013. He was 83.
Lawrence was born in Oakland, Calif., on Oct. 10, 1929, to Jesse and Alexandria Martins.
He served in the US Army as a Sargent for five years. On July 2, 1961, in Oakland, Calif., he married Theda Pagani.
He is survived by his brother, James Martins of San Leandro; sons Charles Martins of Colfax and Michael Martins of Half Moon Bay; son-in-law, Dennis Marshall of Grapeview, Wash.; daughter-in-law, Linda Curry of Corvallis, Ore.; and granddaughter, Amanda Martins of Arcadia.
He was preceded in death by his son, James D. Martins; daughter, Glenda Marshall; and wife, Theda.
Memorial contributions can be made to The American Lung Association.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom