Lawrence D. Martins
October 22, 2013
Lawrence D. Martins passed away on Aug. 30, 2013. He was 83.
Lawrence was born in Oakland, Calif., on Oct. 10, 1929, to Jesse and Alexandria Martins.
He served in the US Army as a Sargent for five years. On July 2, 1961, in Oakland, Calif., he married Theda Pagani.
He is survived by his brother, James Martins of San Leandro; sons Charles Martins of Colfax and Michael Martins of Half Moon Bay; son-in-law, Dennis Marshall of Grapeview, Wash.; daughter-in-law, Linda Curry of Corvallis, Ore.; and granddaughter, Amanda Martins of Arcadia.
He was preceded in death by his son, James D. Martins; daughter, Glenda Marshall; and wife, Theda.
Memorial contributions can be made to The American Lung Association.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public