Lawrence D. Martins
October 22, 2013
Lawrence D. Martins passed away on Aug. 30, 2013. He was 83.
Lawrence was born in Oakland, Calif., on Oct. 10, 1929, to Jesse and Alexandria Martins.
He served in the US Army as a Sargent for five years. On July 2, 1961, in Oakland, Calif., he married Theda Pagani.
He is survived by his brother, James Martins of San Leandro; sons Charles Martins of Colfax and Michael Martins of Half Moon Bay; son-in-law, Dennis Marshall of Grapeview, Wash.; daughter-in-law, Linda Curry of Corvallis, Ore.; and granddaughter, Amanda Martins of Arcadia.
He was preceded in death by his son, James D. Martins; daughter, Glenda Marshall; and wife, Theda.
Memorial contributions can be made to The American Lung Association.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site