May 21, 2013
LaVonne Mary (Fitzgerald) Brant passed away on May 5, 2013, in Grass Valley. She was 89.
Graveside services will take place at 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 10, 2013, at St. Patrick's Cemetery (Veteran's section) in Grass Valley.
LaVonne was born Oct. 23, 1923, in Owatonna, Minn., and was raised in Minneapolis. She married Alan Brant on Jan. 23, 1944.
After World War II was over, they moved to Whittier, Calif., where they raised their three children. They moved often due to Alan's career with PacBell. They settled in Grass Valley in 2000 to be closer to their family
She was a loving homemaker and an excellent cook. She loved playing bridge and other games. She volunteered with many organizations over the years. including PTA, Boy Scouts, Meals on Wheels and Hospice of the Foothill's Thrift Store.
She is survived by her loving husband, Alan; children Barbara (Alan) Kilborn of Lake of the Pines, John (Deborah) Brant of Grass Valley, and Janice (David) George of Grass Valley; six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
She was such a happy, fun-loving person. She will be missed by all who knew her.
Memorial contributions can be made to Hospice of the Foothills or a nonprofit of your choice.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo