January 28, 2013
Laurene Rives, 88, of Grass Valley, passed away Jan. 10, 2013, at Spring Hill Manor after a brief illness.
Laurene will be interred at a later date in the Sacramento Valley National Cemetery in Dixon alongside her husband. At her request no services will be held.
She was born in Los Angeles in 1924.
In 1942, she met her soon-to-be-husband, Jim. After completing his enlistment in the U.S. Navy and returning to Los Angeles, they were married in 1946. She was a very devoted wife and mother, raising daughter, Linda and son, Larry. In 199, Jim and Laurene moved to the Nevada City area due to Jim's employment with the California State Parks, where they ultimately retired and made their permanent home. Laurene lived a very full life and enjoyed family and friends that often included camping. She also enjoyed sewing and cooking.
She leaves behind her son, Larry and wife, Debbie, of Lake Almanor; grandchildren, Jennifer Kirkland and husband, Tom of Quincy, along with two great-grandchildren Taylor and Cole; and Matt Rives and wife, Ioana, of Rocklin.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Jim, and daughter, Linda.
She will be greatly missed by friends and family.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana