January 28, 2013
Laurene Rives, 88, of Grass Valley, passed away Jan. 10, 2013, at Spring Hill Manor after a brief illness.
Laurene will be interred at a later date in the Sacramento Valley National Cemetery in Dixon alongside her husband. At her request no services will be held.
She was born in Los Angeles in 1924.
In 1942, she met her soon-to-be-husband, Jim. After completing his enlistment in the U.S. Navy and returning to Los Angeles, they were married in 1946. She was a very devoted wife and mother, raising daughter, Linda and son, Larry. In 199, Jim and Laurene moved to the Nevada City area due to Jim's employment with the California State Parks, where they ultimately retired and made their permanent home. Laurene lived a very full life and enjoyed family and friends that often included camping. She also enjoyed sewing and cooking.
She leaves behind her son, Larry and wife, Debbie, of Lake Almanor; grandchildren, Jennifer Kirkland and husband, Tom of Quincy, along with two great-grandchildren Taylor and Cole; and Matt Rives and wife, Ioana, of Rocklin.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Jim, and daughter, Linda.
She will be greatly missed by friends and family.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 18 out of 20 counts in child sex case
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)