January 28, 2013
Laurene Rives, 88, of Grass Valley, passed away Jan. 10, 2013, at Spring Hill Manor after a brief illness.
Laurene will be interred at a later date in the Sacramento Valley National Cemetery in Dixon alongside her husband. At her request no services will be held.
She was born in Los Angeles in 1924.
In 1942, she met her soon-to-be-husband, Jim. After completing his enlistment in the U.S. Navy and returning to Los Angeles, they were married in 1946. She was a very devoted wife and mother, raising daughter, Linda and son, Larry. In 199, Jim and Laurene moved to the Nevada City area due to Jim's employment with the California State Parks, where they ultimately retired and made their permanent home. Laurene lived a very full life and enjoyed family and friends that often included camping. She also enjoyed sewing and cooking.
She leaves behind her son, Larry and wife, Debbie, of Lake Almanor; grandchildren, Jennifer Kirkland and husband, Tom of Quincy, along with two great-grandchildren Taylor and Cole; and Matt Rives and wife, Ioana, of Rocklin.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Jim, and daughter, Linda.
She will be greatly missed by friends and family.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local