Kim “Dale” Harrold
January 25, 2013
Kim "Dale" Harrold of Nevada City left his life for a better and pain-free one on Jan. 21, 2013. He was 53.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25, 2013, at Hooper and Weaver Chapel, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif. Rev. Brian Johnson will officiate.
Kim was born June 6, 1959 at Miners Hospital in Nevada City He was a logger and timber faller for 25 plus years. After driving long haul for Dick Simon Trucking for a couple of years, he went to work for Waste Management.
He enjoyed his work but because of health problems he had to retire in 2009. When he felt well enough, you would find him outside. He loved fishing, camping, riding his Harley and spending time with his children.
Kim is survived by one grandson, Tyler Monroe of Sutter, Calif.; four children, Kimberly Harrold of Sutter, Calif., Megan (Jesus) Medina of Grass Valley, Calif., Cody (Danielle) Harold of North San Juan and Rudy Harrold of Grass Valley, Calif.; sister, Jenell Harrold of Grass Valley; brother, Darren Harrold of Billings, Mont.; mother, Irene Bartsch of Grass Valley; ex-wife, Hollie Harrold of Grass Valley; grandmother, Josie Walker of Waldron, Ariz.; niece, Donne Matheny of Grass Valley; aunts, uncles and many cousins.
He is preceded in death by his father, Joe (Rudy) Harrold; uncles, Jerry Walker, Del Jester, Sandford Harrold; Grandpa Walker and grandparents, Glen and Carlene Harrold.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair