December 17, 2013
Kenneth Ray Sorensen passed away on Dec. 11, 2013, in Auburn, Calif.
Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Sat., Dec. 21, at Bethel Church in Grass Valley. A viewing will be from 9 a.m. to noon Dec. 21 at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary in Nevada City.
Ken was born in Long Beach, Calif., on June 17, 1945, to Frank and Betty Sorensen.
He moved to Grass Valley in 1970 with his beautiful wife, Darlene, where they established a wonderful journey together for 45 years.
Ken worked for UPS for 28 years, retiring in June 2007. He filled his retirement years with the things he loved to do: mountain and road biking, camping, backpacking, serving in his church, spending time with his son, Eric, and daughter-in-law, Annabel, along with his grandchildren, Ezekiel, Elijah and Izabella.
He worked with Christian Encounters Ministries for over 20 years, raising support through the "Agony Ride," a 24-hour bicycle ride. Most importantly, Ken loved and continues to love his relationship with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Ken Sorensen was a loving husband, father and grandfather who lived life to the fullest.
In lieu of flowers, please donate to Christian Encounters Ministries (helping troubled youth), P.O. Box 1022, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana