June 21, 2013
Karna Campbell died June 15, 2013, at home in Penn Valley. She was 82.
Karna was born Aug. 15, 1931, in Lookingglass, Oregon. She met her husband, Don, while attending Southern Oregon University. They were married June 11, 1950, and enjoyed 63 years together. After the birth of their three children, the family moved to Anaheim, Calif., where Karna worked for the Anaheim Union High School District until retiring and moving to Penn Valley in 1987.
After retirement, Karna spent 20 years volunteering for various organizations in Nevada County and was once honored as Volunteer of the Year. She travelled the country with Don, loved playing bridge with her friends, and enjoyed playing golf with her husband and spending time with her family.
Karna never said an unkind word. She was a gracious, loving person who will be missed by all.
She is survived by her husband, Don, of Penn Valley; brother, Keith Henson and wife Doris of Lake Oswego, Ore.; three children; four grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws