February 15, 2013
Karl Melvin Kopp of Nevada City died at his home on Feb. 5, 2013. He was 92.
The family will hold a private service.
Karl was born on July 14, 1920, in Concord, Calif., to L.W. and Naomi (Hallahan) Kopp.
The family moved to Nevada City in 1922. Karl worked in the family bakery on Broad Street in Nevada City, The KB for Kopp's Bakery is still in red letters in the sidewalk at Broad and York Street. He married Margie Keckler in 1941. Karl served in the U.S. Army from 1943 to 1946.
He retired from the U.S. Forest Service in 1980. He was a 50-plus year member of Nevada Lodge #13 F&AM.
Karl is survived by his wife of 71 years, Margie; three sons, Karl (Buzzy) and partner, Judy of Whitman, Ariz., David (Elaine); and Daniel (Susan) all of Nevada City; nine grandchildren and eleven great-grandchildren; nephews, George Steger and William Grigg; nieces, Cheryl Huggins and Barbara (Greg) Wilcox.
His parents and brother, Norman M. Kopp, preceded him in death.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges