June Marie Howard
October 4, 2013
June Marie Howard went to be with the Lord on September 23, 2013. She was 82.
June was a loving mother, grandmother, sister and Aunt. She was born on Sept. 8, 1931 in Detroit, Mich. to Maxcime and Florence Hickey. Growing
up, she was a graceful dancer. She also had an amazing talent for playing the piano by ear.
June married Floyd Howard on Sept. 19, 1957 in Shepherd, Mich. They had two daughters, Debbie in 1963 and Kathy in 1967. June and Floyd were married 15 years when Floyd suddenly passed away. It wasn't long before she moved her family to Calif.
June donated her time in volunteering at her daughter's schools. She was actively involved in Salvation Army. She helped organize the Christmas toy drive and participated in the local food giveaways.
June is survived by her daughters, Debbie Howard and Kathy Peltzer; granddaughter, Kaylee Peltzer; sister, Dorothy Rotarius; brother, Edward Hickey and wife Marion, and several nieces and nephews.
June is preceded in death by her husband, Floyd Howard; mother, Florence Hickey; father, Maxcime Hickey and sister, Margaret Rotarius.
A memorial service will be at 4:30 p.m. on Sat., Oct. 12 at Salvation Army Church on Alta Street, Grass Valley.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Salvation Army and would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)