November 20, 2013
Julie Anne (Way) McKay passed away on Oct. 10, 2013, in Grass Valley.
There will be a gathering at 2 p.m. on Nov. 16, 2013, at Abundant Life Community Church on Alta Street in Grass Valley.
Julie was born in Seattle, Wash., on June 22, 1954, but lived all over the country at one time or another — Florida, Texas, Ariz., San Jose, Los Angeles and Grass Valley for the last 14 years.
She worked as a teacher's aid to the developmentally disabled for the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools. She was a certified nurse's aid and home health care nurse. She loved the kids she worked with.
Julie loved blue grass music, beautiful scenery and rocks, good TV and specialty lamps. Her son was the focus of her life. She loved to laugh and was always kind, upbeat and unfailingly polite.
She is survived by her son, Eric Gould of Grass Valley; her brother, Jeff; her children and many friends and acquaintances.
She is preceded in death by her mother, Sally Way; brother, Carey Robert Way; and the love of her life, Allen Gould.
Please make any memorial contributions to Autism Awareness.
Under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles