Joseph A. Assia
February 11, 2013
Joseph Assia passed away Feb. 3, 2013, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 87.
Respecting my father's wishes, there will be no services.
Joseph was born Nov. 27, 1925, in Johnstown, Pa. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1942 to 1945. He was a butcher for Lucky Stores for 30 years. Joseph was a lifetime member of the Fratellanza Club, Oakland, Calif. He loved to fish, and he was a big fan of baseball and football. He also loved helping people and making them happy.
He is survived by his loving companion for 23 years, Barbara Nelson of Grass Valley; son Philip R Assia of Orinda Calif.; grandchildren Andrea, James, Michelle and Alexander Assia; great-granddaughter Jasmine Assia of Albany, Calif.; son Jack S. Hanan of Dublin, Calif.; grandchildren Jacob, Christina, Jason, Jackie and Jayme; and five great-grandchildren.
All arrangements are being made by Hopper and Weaver, Grass,Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier