Joseph A. Assia
February 11, 2013
Joseph Assia passed away Feb. 3, 2013, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 87.
Respecting my father's wishes, there will be no services.
Joseph was born Nov. 27, 1925, in Johnstown, Pa. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1942 to 1945. He was a butcher for Lucky Stores for 30 years. Joseph was a lifetime member of the Fratellanza Club, Oakland, Calif. He loved to fish, and he was a big fan of baseball and football. He also loved helping people and making them happy.
He is survived by his loving companion for 23 years, Barbara Nelson of Grass Valley; son Philip R Assia of Orinda Calif.; grandchildren Andrea, James, Michelle and Alexander Assia; great-granddaughter Jasmine Assia of Albany, Calif.; son Jack S. Hanan of Dublin, Calif.; grandchildren Jacob, Christina, Jason, Jackie and Jayme; and five great-grandchildren.
All arrangements are being made by Hopper and Weaver, Grass,Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire