October 14, 2013
John D. Wocken, passed away Oct. 7, 2013, at the Hospice of the Foothills Compassionate Care Center after a long battle fighting emphysema. He was 86.
John was born to Paul and Margaret Wocken in Cold Spring, Minn., in 1927. John came to California after high school. John served in the Army 1954-1956. He worked as a machinist in Southern California before retiring to Grass Valley in 1993.
He lived a very independent life, going to Las Vegas and playing the horses and playing golf, never having time to get married.
In later life, he accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior and attended First Baptist Church. He made many friends in Grass Valley and enjoyed eating many meals at Charlie's Café.
He leaves behind a niece, Shelia Teuber, and her husband, John, of Southern California, and many other nieces and nephews.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana