October 14, 2013
John D. Wocken, passed away Oct. 7, 2013, at the Hospice of the Foothills Compassionate Care Center after a long battle fighting emphysema. He was 86.
John was born to Paul and Margaret Wocken in Cold Spring, Minn., in 1927. John came to California after high school. John served in the Army 1954-1956. He worked as a machinist in Southern California before retiring to Grass Valley in 1993.
He lived a very independent life, going to Las Vegas and playing the horses and playing golf, never having time to get married.
In later life, he accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior and attended First Baptist Church. He made many friends in Grass Valley and enjoyed eating many meals at Charlie's Café.
He leaves behind a niece, Shelia Teuber, and her husband, John, of Southern California, and many other nieces and nephews.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations