John William Clinton
February 15, 2013
John Clinton passed away Oct., 20, 2012, at his home in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 57.
Burial is private, and a memorial will take place at a later date.
John Clinton was born Jan. 29, 1955, in Pittsburgh to Dorothy Sheldon and Floyd Clinton. John was an inspiration to everyone who met him. He never let adversity slow him down. Even after losing his leg in a construction accident, he earned his building inspection license at Butte College in Northern California. He went on to help the recovery efforts of the 1991 Oakland Hills Firestorm before eventually finding his place at the City of Roseville Building Department, retiring as one of their most valued inspectors. A devoted and loving father of his two sons, Adam and Jake, John will be missed by all who knew him.
John is survived by his sons, Adam Clinton and Jake Clinton; father Floyd Clinton; mother Dorothy Sheldon; and sister Ava Settles.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations